Sunday, December 27, 2009

My Current Plan

My current gym plan is divided in 3 groups, each group is to be practiced for 2/3 months and then move to next group, here are the 3 main groups, each one with different milestones and goals:

- Power
- Muscle Mass
- Muscle Definition

On each group I will do some cardio to avoid getting too much fat and weight.

The power group is all about getting stronger on some major exercises. The volume is lower on this cycle, with only 5/6 exercises per training and 2/3 sets on each exercises. The reps are very low, on the 4-7 reps range.

On the muscle mass group, like the name says, is to work the muscle hypertrophy. Here we increase a little bit the volume for 6/7 exercises and 3 sets in each exercise, the reps range is on 8-12.

The muscle definition is all about increasing cardio and do some high reps bodybuilding exercises. The volume could be the same, but exercises change to some isolation exercises and the reps range is 12-20.

I am current on the Power group. I started this month and will end on February, so is all about hard work and surviving on the pain zone, when the last repetition will burn your mind.

I am working out only twice a week, I do not have time for more, but I am making some progress so is fine oo me. I am not a big fan of going to the gym everyday and be there for hours, is too much for my body.

When I am at the gym, I am there to train hard and to do nothing more, so 60/75 minutes per session is enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment